There are many ways the Michael Dunn Foundation can offer you the opportunity to
- Earn guaranteed income at a rate higher than that of low yield investments such as CD's, many stocks and money market accounts
- Realize the benefits of a tax deduction
- Decrease your overall tax burden
- Help support a mission worthy of your investment
A Charitable Gift Annuity
- Through a simple contract, you agree to make a donation of cash, stocks, real estate, or other assets to the Michael Dunn Foundation. In return, we agree to pay you (and someone else, if you choose) a fixed amount each year for the rest of your life. Click HERE
for current rates. This diagram illustrates how a CGA with the Michael Dunn Foundation works:
A Charitable Remainder Unitrust
- This special, irrevocable trust (known as a "CRUT") has two primary characteristics: (1) Once established, the CRUT distributes a fixed percentage of the value of its assets (on an annual or more frequent basis) to a non-charitable beneficiary (usually the settlor of the trust); and (2) At the expiration of a specified time (usually the death of the settlor), the remaining balance of the CRUTs assets are distributed to the Michael Dunn Foundation.
With a Charitable Lead Trust
you could benefit from the tax savings that result from supporting the Michael Dunn Foundation, yet you won't have to give up any assets that you'd like your family to receive someday. You can have it both ways with a charitable lead trust.
If any of these options interest you, please call the Development Office at (865) 376-3416, ext. 207 or e-mail us by clicking HERE